Saturday, June 13, 2015

Kompost Kids

Kompost Kids is a nonprofit organization which outreaches to help the public how to make compost, which eventually turns into dirt for the plants and by doing this act, it also helps the environment. The compost is known as "waste", but it's really food that has been used and just broken down as it slowly becomes into dirt. How exciting! Not as exciting of how it smells, because it honestly smells bad, but hey, that's the beauty of nature. You will get used to the smell, like I did.








Kompost Kids is also a safe environment where children and families can interact with each other, as they educate themselves to learn how to keep our earth clean, for example; reduce, reuse, and recycle. But other than that, I enjoyed myself when I went to Kompost Kids, because it was in the outdoors and I learned more about compost. That's also another thing, many people don't know about compost. So I think Kompost Kids is a great educational place to start. So personally, I think it would be a good opportunity to go to Kompost Kids so you can educate yourself and educate others.












-Written by Samatha, G&N Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment